8 Do and Don’t for manage your Demat Trading Account
1. Verify your transaction statement carefully for all debits and credits in your account. In case of any unauthorized debit or credit, inform your DP and CDSL immediately. An email may be sent to CDSL at email@example.com.
2. Intimate any change of address or change in bank account details to your DP immediately.
3. While accepting the Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) book from your DP, ensure that your BO ID is pre-stamped on all the pages along with the serial numbers.
4. Keep your DIS book safely and do not sign or issue blank or incomplete DIS slips.
5. Strike out empty space in the DIS before submitting to DP.
6. For market transactions, submit the DIS ahead of the deadline time. DIS can be issued with a future execution date.
7. The demat account has a nomination facility and it is advisable to appoint a nominee to facilitate your heirs in obtaining the securities in your demat account, on completion of the necessary procedures.
8. Before granting Power of Attorney, to operate your demat account, carefully examine the scope and implications of powers being granted.