Activities (NIC code) under MSMED Act, 2006 addition of Retail and Wholesale trades as MSMEs
No 5/2(2)2021-E/P & G/Policy
Government of India
Ministry of Mao, Small & Medium Enterprises
Subject: Activities (NIC code) under MSMED Act, 2006 for Udyam Registration -Addition of Retail and Wholesale Trade- regarding
This Ministry’s O.M No. UAW/MC/01/2017-SME dated 27.06.2017 on the subject Activities (NIC codes) not covered under MSMED Act. 2006 for registration of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)’ excluded certain activities from registration on UAM Portal This O.M. was further validated for Udyam Registration vide O.M. no 5/2(1)2020-P&G/Policy dated 17.07.2020 Certain changes were made . 52(1)/2020/E-P&G/Policy dated 01.12.2020: where it was clarified Nat in Table 1 of O.M no UAM/MC/01/2017-SME dated 27.06.2017. NIC codes 45, 46 and 47 and the activities mentioned against these NIC codes, are not permitted for registration in Udyam Registration Portal (https://udyamregistration.gov.in/)
2. The Government has received various representations and it has been decided to include Retail and wholesale trades as MSMEs and they are allowed to be registered on Udyam Registration Portal However, benefits to Retail and Wholesale trade MSMEs are to be restrict. to Priority Sector Lending only
3. Accordingly, the list of eligible additional activities under NIC Code 45,46 and 47 are as under :
- 45 Wholesale and retail trade and repay of motor vehicle and motorcycles
- 46 Wholesale trade except of motor vehicles and motor cycles
- 47 Retail Trade Except of Motor Vehicles and motor cycles
4. The Udyam Registration is allowed for above three NIC Codes and activities mentioned against them
5. The Enterprises having Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) under stove three NIC Codes are now allowed to migrate to Udyam Registration Portal or they can file Udyam Registration afresh.
6. Consequent upon above changes, pars 2 including Table 2 mention. in O.M. no 5/2(1)/2020/EP&G/Policy dated 01.12.2020, stands omitted.
Deputy Director (Policy)
Government announces inclusion of Retail and Wholesale trades as MSMEs