Income Tax Payers and Professionals have to Re Register their Digital Signature in new Portal
A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is the electronic format of physical or paper certificate that serves as a proof of identity of an individual. … It is an easy and hassle-free process to file the IT return using the Digital Signature. This is also considered a secure way to file the Income-Tax Return (ITR)
Digital Signature is mandatory in following cases when dealing with Income Tax Portal
- E-filing income tax returns in case of every registered trust, partnership firm, companies, any other entity or individual who is required to get tax audit under the Income Tax Act.
- Company filings with MCA21( Ministry of Corporate Affairs)
- Filing of tenders and e-procurement on government website through Class III DSC. MCA has mandated digital signatures for the following individuals:
- Company Secretaries – Whether in practice or in job
- Bank Officials – for Registration and Satisfaction of Charges
- Other Authorized Signatories
The Income Tax Department has send following email to all the Taxpayers who are using DSC in Income Tax Portal
Please ensure that you re-register your current valid DSC on the new e-filing portal https://www.incometax.gov.in from June 7th onwards.
The earlier DSC registration on the old portal cannot be migrated due to security and technical reasons
This is a system generated e-mail and please do not reply. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your white list / safe sender list. Else, your mailbox filter or ISP (Internet Service Provider) may stop you from receiving e-mails.
Income Tax Department