Maharashtra announces scheme for withdrawal of pending VAT assessments
Maharashtra Government with a view to dispose pending legacy work under the existing Value Added Tax and Central Sales Tax expeditiously, announces Maharashtra Assessment (Amendment) Scheme, 2021.
- This scheme aims at formulating the criteria for withdrawal of the assessment proceedings based on threshold revenue earnings, below which assessment proceedings may be withdrawn by the commissioner.
- For the purpose of deciding withdrawal of pending assessment proceedings, the probable revenue involved in each case may be calculated on the basis of specified criteria.
- Cases, where probable revenue involved is not more than INR 10 lakh rupees(In the last scheme of 2018, this amount was INR 1 Lacs) for a given year shall be considered suitable for the withdrawal of the pending assessment proceedings.
- Commissioner shall decide the suitability of the withdrawal of pending assessment proceedings, after considering the recommendation of the Committee and the probable revenue involved, the availability of the manpower and workload that can be performed.
- The dealer shall not have any right to call in question the decision taken by the Commissioner under this Scheme.
- Once the list for withdrawal of the pending assessment proceeding is published on the Official Website i.e. www.mahagst.gov.in, then it shall be deemed that the said assessment proceeding stands abated from the stage where it was left and no assessing authority shall be empowered to proceed further, in respect of the pending assessment, so withdrawn.
Read Notification below1-2_removed