SEBI has introduced a revised format of shareholding pattern for disclosure of public shareholding
Securities and Exchange Board of India
June 30, 2022
All Listed Entities
All the Recognized Stock Exchanges
All the Depositories
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Sub: Disclousure of holding of specified securities and Holding of specified securities in dematerialized form
1 Regulation 31 of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listng Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (listing Regulations,) deals with the disclosure of shareholding pattern and manner of maintaining shareholding in dematerialized format.
2 Accordingly, SEBI vide Circular No CIRICF13.413/132015 dated November 30, 2015 (as amended) (the Circular), prescribed formats for disclosure of holding of specified securities and shareholding pattem under Annexure-1 to the circular.
3 In the interest of providing further clarity and transparency in the disclosure of shareholding pattern to the investors in the securities market, the Circular is being partially modified as under
a. Clause 2(d)of the Circular has been amended as under
1. In the disclosure of public shareholding, names of the shareholders holding 1% or more than 1% of shares of listed entity is to be disclosed.
ii Names of the sharehdders who are persons acting in concert, if available, shall be disclosed separately.
b. The following formats specified in Clause 5 of the Circular have been modified :
i Table 3 – Statement showing shareholding pattern of the Public shareholder.
ii Table 4 – Statement showing shareholding pattern of the Non Promoter – Non Public shareholder.
The revised formats of Me aforementioned Table III and Table IV are placed at Annexure A.
c. It is also specified all listed entities shall disclose details pertaining to foreign ownership limits in the format prescribed at Annexure B to this circular.
d. The format specified in the Annexure B to this circular shall be Table VI under Clause 5 of the Circular.
4. Accordingly, the circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD/13/2015 dated November30,2015 stands modified to the extent as stated at paragraph no.3above .
5. The recognized stock exchanges and depositories are directed to take necessary steps to put in place systems for implementation of this circular. The recognized stock exchanges are directed to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the listed entities and also the disseminate the same on their website.
6. This circular shall come into force with effect from the quarterer ending September 30, 2022.
7. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under section 11and section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act,1992 read with Regulation 31 and 10(2) of listing Regulations.