Inauguration of the GST taxpayers rating score card in Kerala.
The State Goods and Service Department Kerala is gearing up to implement an exclusive ‘rating score’ for state’s traders who submit their annual returns accurately on time and remit income tax without fail.
The CGST Act of 2017 includes a specific provision for “Compliance Rating Score”. The Kerala State GST department has released this first document with respect to the score card provision, which has not been released by the central government until now.
Section-149 Goods and services tax compliance rating:
(1) Every registered person may be assigned a goods and services tax compliance rating score by the Government based on his record of compliance with the provisions of this Act.
(2) The goods and services tax compliance rating score may be determined on the basis of such parameters as may be prescribed.
(3) The goods and services tax compliance rating score may be updated at periodic intervals and intimated to the registered person and also placed in the public domain in such manner as may be prescribed.
The state-level inauguration of the rating score-card issued by the State Goods and Services Tax Department to the taxpayers was held on February 3, 2022.
The Tax-Payer Card is a rating score given to merchants with an annual turnover of more than Rs 1.5 crore registered under the GST Act. The rating score is based on the accuracy of return submission and tax payment. With this, the public can know whether the merchants are submitting returns on time and the accuracy of the returns submitted through the taxpayer card.
1. Timely Filing of GSTR1 and GSTR-3B within due date -50 marks
2. Timely Filing of Annual Return within due date -30 marks
3. Proper and accurate filing of GSTR-3B compared with GSTR-1, E-way bill date, GSTR-7 – 20 marks
Rating information can be seen by logging into https://floodcess.kerala.gov.in/search-dealer-details