CA can now start multi disciplinary practice with CS and CWA as Form 18 is proposed to be amended by ICAI
Form 18 is proposed to be amended to enable multi disciplinary practice ( CA with CS And CWA). The said Notification, inviting public comments, has been published in Part III Section 4 of the Gazette of India, Extraordinary dated 11th December, 2020.
No. 1-CA(7)/197/2020.—The following draft of certain regulations further to amend the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, which the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India proposes to make, is hereby published, as required by sub-section (3) of Section 30 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (38 of 1949) for the information of all persons likely to be affected thereby; and notice is hereby given that the said draft regulations will be taken into consideration on or after the expiry of a period of forty-five days from the date on which the copies of the Gazette of India in which these draft regulations are published, are made available to the public;
Any person desiring to make any objection or suggestion in respect of the said draft regulations, may forward the same to the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India within the period so specified, addressed to the Acting Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi– 110 002;
Any objection or suggestion which may be received from any person with respect to the said draft regulations before the expiry of the period so specified will be taken into consideration by the Council.
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Chartered Accountants (Amendment) Regulations, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their final publication in the official Gazette.
2. In the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988,- (1) In Schedule ―All to the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the following Form 18 shall be substituted:-
“ FORM ‘18’
(See Section 2(2) of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, Regulation 53B and Regulation 190 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988)
PARTICULARS OF OFFICES AND FIRMS
1. Name of firm/trade name of Chartered Accountant in practice
2. PAN number and GST Registration number of firm2
3. Name(s) of the proprietor/partners of firm with his/ their membership number(s)
Details of Partners Holding Certificate of Practice – (CA/CS/ ICWA)
|S.N||Name of Partner||Professional Qualifications*||Membership No.:||Whether membership is active (Yes/ No)||Date from Which Certificate of Practice held:|
Details of Partners Holding Professional Qualifications Other than CA/ CS/ ICWA, permitted as per Regulation 53B
|S.N.||Name of Partner||Professional Qualifications*||Degree no.||Name of University/ Institution which issued the Degree|
4. (a) Date of formation of proprietory/partnership firm
(b) Date on which the present partnership was entered into
(c) Whether the partnership is supported by a Deed?
(d) Whether all the partners are sharing the profits of the firm?
5. Ref. No; Date and particulars of approval of trade/firm name obtained from the Council (applicable to cases where the firm was started on or after 1.1.1983)
6. Address of the Head Office of the firm/Chartered Accountant in practice.
7. (a) Address(es) of the branch office(s) of the firm/Chartered Accountant in practice, if any
(b) Date on which each branch office was opened
8. Name of the member, with membership number who is incharge of each of the offices, i.e., head office and branch offices.
|Head Office||Name of the member in-charge||Membership Number X|
|Branch Office(s)||Name(s) of the member(s) in-charge||Membership Number(s)|
9. Whether the proprietor/any partner stated in serial number 3 above is/are partner or proprietor or paid assistant with any other firm(s) of chartered accountants in practice anywhere in India and whether any of them are engaged in a full time or a part-time occupation elsewhere ? Yes / No
10. If yes, give details in each case
|Name of the Partner/proprietor/paid assistant||Name(s) of the firm(s) of chartered accountants with which connected||Capacity in which connected||Particulars of full time or part-time occupation elsewhere if any|
11. In case of a firm, whether any partner is also practicing in his individual name? Yes / No
12. If yes, give name(s) and membership number(s) of the member(s)
13. Name(s) of the member(s) of the Institute with membership number(s) holding full time employment in the firm/under the chartered accountant in practice and date of joining of each such member.
14. Whether any paid assistant stated at serial number 13 above is partner or proprietor or paid assistant with any other firm(s) or chartered accountant in practice anywhere in India ? Yes / No
15. If yes, give details:-
|Name of the paid assistant||Name(s) and place(s) of firm(s) in which engaged as partner/ Proprietor/paid Assistant||Capacity in which connected with the firm, i.e. as partner/ Proprietor/paid Assistant|
16. Whether any paid assistant stated at serial number 13 above is practicing?
17. If yes, give name(s) and membership number(s) of the paid assistant(s)
I/ We hereby confirm that the information given in this Form is true and correct.
Signature(s) of the proprietor/all partner(s) of the
firm with their membership number(s).]
RAKESH SEHGAL, Acting Secy.
Note : The principal regulations were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, dated the 1st June, 1988 vide number 1-CA(7)/134/88 dated 1st June, 1988.