Section 144 Imposed In Mumbai From Friday Restrictions On Movement & Gathering Amid Rising Covid-19
Update on 20:10 Hrs 17 Sep 2020
DCP Operations issued an order under Sec 144 CrPC y’day, applicable in Mumbai city up to 30th Sept. It’s issued as per guidelines of State Govt on 31st August regarding easing of restrictions 7 phase-wise opening of lockdown & no new restrictions imposed by Mumbai Police: DCP PRO
NO need to PANIC
The order issued under section 144 CrPC is only an extension of the previous order issued on 31st August.
No new restrictions have been imposed by
@MumbaiPolice Please share and don’t panic.
Section 144 to be imposed in Mumbai city from midnight tonight
Mumbai Police has imposed restrictions on movement and gathering in the city due to rising COVID-19 cases. Under Section 144. Movement of one person or more is prohibited except for the listed emergency and non emergency services. Movement is allowed for activities exempted in the Mission Begin Again orders dated August 30. The prohibitory orders are for restricting movement or gathering of people in areas under the control of the Commissioner of Police.
“All movement of one or more persons in the areas designated as ‘Containment Zones’ by the Municipal Authorities is prohibited, except for essential activities, supply of essential goods and medical emergencies,” the order states.
The Mumbai Police on Thursday imposed restrictions under section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) on movements and gathering in the metropolitan owing to the rising coronavirus cases.
The restrictions will be applicable from September 18 and section 144 has been imposed from midnight. The doubling rate of Mumbai has increased alarmingly in the past few days.
The order issued by the police says that the coronavirus cases have been rising rapidly in Mumbai and the restrictions on the movement of one or more persons in public places or gatherings have been prohibited.
Mumbai Police have informed that the movement of people will only be allowed for the listed emergency and non-emergency services by the government. The order further states that the movement of one or more persons in the Containment Zones is prohibited except for essential activities, medical emergencies and supply of essential good will be allowed.
1. Emergency duties
2. Government/Semi-Government agencies and their officials on duty
3. Establishment providing essential services like:
- Food, vegetables, Milk supplies, ration and grocery stores
- Hospitals, medicine, pharma and related establishments
- Telephone and internet services
- Electricity, petroleum, oil and energy related
- Banking, stock exchange, clearing corporation, depositories, stock brockers and SEBI registered participants
- IT and IT enabled services and data centers
- Services providing home delivery of food, groceries and essential commodities
- E-commerce activity for essential and non-essential items and materials
- Drinking water supply and maintenance
- Godowns and warehousing related to the above
- Trucks/Tempos carrying goods and manpower related to the above services
It further reads that all movement of one or more persons in the city for non-essential activities is prohibited except for the exempted entities mentioned.However, there’s no change in unlock guidelines. Unlocking to go on as per 31.08.2020 GoM orders. The order mentions all activities mentioned in 31.08.2020 GoM Mission Begin Again orders are exempted.