How to reset Income Tax e Filing password without efiling /Aadhar OTP and sending email to Income Tax Department
Taxpayer who file ITR on last days, mostly forget their password and in many cases the email id and mobile number are not updated, Nor Aadhaar OTP is linked.
To reset password without e-filing OTP (if registered mobile has changed)/Aadhaar OTP (if Mobile is not linked to Aadhaar or if Aadhaar is not linked to PAN), user can reset password using a valid DSC or can login in directly through Internet Banking into E-filing account.
In case all these above options do not work or are not available, taxpayer can send request to email@example.com by attaching and sharing following details with the request email:
1) Scanned copy of PAN
2) Scanned PDF copy of the identity proof (such as passport /Voter Identity card/Driving License /Aadhaar card / Bank passbook with Photo);
3) Scanned PDF copy of Address proof
4) Letter in writing, requesting to reset password by giving valid reasons
1) Kindly attach the documents in ZIP (.zip) format only
2) All the documents self-attested
3) Request must originate from email id of PAN holder as registered in the efiling Profile or from existing mail of Taxpayer
4) 1 working day may be required for processing
Once the documents are validated, the reset password link will be shared through Email id from which request has been received.