16 Information you can find of GST Taxpayer on the GST Portal
GST when launched was publicized as ‘one nation, one tax’ by the government, aimed to provide a simplified, single tax regime. GST is a dual levy where the Central Government levies and collects Central GST (CGST) and the State levies and collects State GST (SGST) on intra-state supply of goods or services. Centre also levies and collects Integrated GST (IGST) on inter-state supply of goods or services. The GST Portal is a website where all the compliance activities of GST can be done before and after GST login. Activities such as the GST registration, return filing, payment of taxes, application for refund, etc. can be done on the GST Portal.
A new facility is introduced in the GST portal to enable every registered person to obtain some basic information about their suppliers. The suppliers can be either with whom they conduct or propose to do business in future.
Details of all taxpayers are now available on the GST Portal
Details of all taxpayers is available on GSTN portal. A taxpayer can know all the details about his purchaser before making any purchase from his supplier. This facility might work as an information exchange module between the recipient and supplier. Taxpayers and registered persons now can search GSTIN of any other taxpayer and view his profile in detail.
How can one view the details of a registered taxpayer on the GST Portal?
Step 1: Taxpayers need to login using their own credentials in the GST portal.
Step 2: Navigate the search tab and enter GSTIN of taxpayers of which you want to get details.
Step 3: Once taxpayers click on the search button; all the details of such taxpayer will be available to them.
What taxpayer information is available on the GST Portal?
The following details are displayed when a person searches for a registered taxpayer on the GST Portal:
- State Jurisdiction
- Center Jurisdiction
- Date of registration
- Constitution of business
- Status of GSTIN (Active/Suspended/Cancelled)
- Taxpayer Type
- Annual Aggregate Turnover
- % of Tax Payment in cash
- Dealing in goods and services with HSN code
- Name of the Proprietor/Director(s)/Promoter(s)
- Nature of business activities
- GST return filing table (GSTR-3B, Annual Return & Audit)
- E-way bill history
- Legal and trade name
- Principal and additional place of business
- Contact details
What are the benefits of this new facility?
- This facility will work as an information exchange module between the recipient and supplier.
- It will help in reducing the non-compliance by the suppliers.
- This facility has brought more transparency in the GST system as the taxpayers can get some basic information about the existing suppliers with whom they are doing business.
- It will also help in reducing the non-compliance by the suppliers, as if any supplier has defaulted in filing his returns, it will be shown on the portal, and the purchaser can thus make decision to buy from that supplier or not
GST Portal also enabled the “Communication between Taxpayers” facility recently
This facility enables the supplier and recipient to directly communicate with each other on GST Portal itself. They can also give a reply to communication received on the portal.
The new functionality will provide communication platform for taxpayers wherein a recipient/purchaser can ask his supplier/s to upload any particular invoice/s that has not been uploaded but is required by the recipient to avail input tax credit (ITC).
Businesses can communicate with their supplier on GSTN portal about invoice uploading or any deficiency therein.
Besides, the supplier can send reply to his recipient through the same facility. Similarly, supplier can also send notification to his recipient about any document uploaded in outward supply statement filed in Form GSTR-1.
Whenever a communication is sent by a taxpayer to his counterpart, intimation by GSTN would also be sent to such counterpart through email and SMS on mobile phone.
You must be logged in to post a comment.