Auto-population of e-invoice details into GSTR-1
1. Certain notified taxpayers have been issuing invoices after obtaining Invoice Reference Number (IRN) from Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) (commonly referred as ‘e-invoices’). Details from the reported e-invoices are being auto-populated in respective tables of GSTR-1. Update on the same was last published on last published on 11/1/2021.
2. In the above update, it was informed that while pulling the e-invoice data into GST System, details of some invoices were not getting populated into GSTR-1. Troubleshooting has been done and efforts to correct this inadvertent gap are still on. Complete data pull is likely to take some more time.
Hence, taxpayers are hereby advised not to wait for the complete auto-population, and instead proceed with preparation and filing of GSTR-1 (by the due date), based on actual data as per their records.
3. Further, certain new features and improvements have been made on e-invoice portal and GePP Tool (GST e -Invoice Preparing and Printing Tool).
Updates in e-Invoice Portal
- Entry of Ship To details for Export invoices during E-Waybill generation is enabled.
- Sub-Users can be granted permissions to Cancel and Print e-Invoices and generate e-Waybill.
- Bulk print of e-Invoices is available in pdf format under MIS Reports. Each pdf can contain Upto 100 Invoices.
- Auto calculation of distance based on the pin codes is available dunng E-Waybill generation. 2021
GePP (Ver 1.02) is incorporated with new features and improvements.
- The limitation of 10 Items per invoice has been increased to 20 Items.
- Similarly, 20 invoices can be kept pending for IRN generation.
- Reverse charge is enabled for B2B and SEZ supplies.
- Import Data option has been incorporated.
- Improvements in print of e-Invoice.