Facility to accept undertaking for bond extended till June 30 2021
Central Board of Indirect and Customs had issued a Circular No. 09/2021 – Customs dated May 08, 2021, to restore the facility under Circular No. 17/2020 dated April 3, 2020, namely, ‘Measure to facilitate trade during lockdown period under Section 143AA of the Customs Act, 1962.
The terms and conditions underlined in Circular No. 17/2020 dated April 3, 2020 as amended by Circular No. 21/2020-Customs., dated April 21, 2020 remain the same, some of which are as follows:
- Custom field formations may accept the request for submission of an undertaking from the importer or exporter instead of a bond.
- Content of this undertaking should, to the extent possible, be the same as the content of the prescribed bond.
- The undertaking should duly be signed by the IEC holder concerned on their business’s letterhead.
- Proper bond in the prescribed format on a notarized stamp paper etc., shall be submitted on or before July 15, 2021.
- The security, where required, shall be furnished.
Read below Circular No. 09/2021-Customs
Circular No. 09/2021-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Room No.227-A, North Block
New Delhi, 08th May, 2021
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs & Central tax.
Subject: Restoring the facility under Circular No.17/2020-Cus., dated 03.04.2020 namely, `Measure to facilitate trade during the lockdown period- section 143AA of the Customs Act, 1962′- reg.
1.Representations from trade have been received by the Board citing difficulties faced in the on going lockdown/constraints imposed in different regions of India due to resurgence of COVID-19 pandemic with a request to accept undertaking in lieu of bond required in certain cases of Customs clearance, as was earlier done through Circular No.17/2020-Cus., dated 03.04.2020.
2. The matter has been examined. Taking cognizance of the difficulties reported by the trade and industry and the importance of facilitating the Customs clearance process, the Board has decided to restore the facility of acceptance of an undertaking in lieu of bond by Customs formations from the date of issue of this Circular till 30.06.2021. Importers/Exporters availing this facility shall ensure that the undertaking furnished in lieu of bond is duly replaced with a proper bond by 15.07.2021.
3. The terms and conditions underlined in Circular No.17/2020-Cus., dated 03.04.2020 as amended by Circular No. 21/2020-Cus., dated 21.04.2020 remain the same.
4. Suitable Trade Notice/Standing Order may be issued to guide the trade and industry. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of this Circular may be immediately brought to the notice of the Board. Hindi version follows.
Under Secretary (LC)