Step wise process for filing Quarterly Returns FORM CMP-O8 for Composite Taxpayers
All business who have registered under composition scheme shall file FORM CMP-08 (payment of self-assessed tax). The due date for filing the same is before 18th of the following month of the respective quarter . Under this scheme taxpayer are required to file only one return in every 3 months instead of multiple returns in every month as in the case of regular returns. For filing the return under this scheme supplier must prepare working of detail invoice wise inter-state and intra-state inward supplies received from registered and unregistered persons, and consolidate details of outward supplies are to be entered on the portal.
Following are the step wise process to file Form CMP 08 in case of NIL Returns (Step 1 to 11) & In case Tax payment is to be done ( Step 12 to 17)
- Login to the website https://www.gst.gov.in
2. Click on the ‘Login’ button to access the username and password page
Enter the credentials (Username and Password) along with the captcha in the required field and then click login button.
3. Click on the File Return Tab
4. Select the financial year and relevant quarter , than click on the search button
5. Under the tab Statement for payment of self – assessed tax GST CMP- 08 , Click on the Prepare Online Tab
6. Click on CMP-08 then following window will get displayed:
7. If no transaction in the period of three months a taxpayer can file Nill Return by tick mark the checbox on ‘File Nil GST CMP – 08’.
8. Then click on Save button.
9. Click on the Preview draft CMP-08 then click on “File GST CMP-08” to file the form, Taxpayer can file the form as per pertinence (EVC or DSC)
10. ARN is generated on successful filing of the Return and SMS and an email are sent to the taxpayer on his/her registered mobile and email id.
11. Other than Nil Return taxpayer need to file CMP-08 if taxpayer perform the below mentioned activities:
- Having outward supplies during the selected return period and accordingly tax payable.
- Output tax liability due to having inward supplies on which tax is not payable on reverse charge basis (including import of services).
- Does have any other tax liability
Filling Process other than Nil Returns
Log in at GST Portal.
12. Click on Services > Return Dashboard > Select Return Filing Period and Financial Year.
Under the table Statement for payment of self – assessed tax GST CMP- 08 , Click on the PREPARED ONLINE
13. Fill-up all the details and Click on ‘SAVE’ to save the details entered
14. Click on the Preview draft CMP-08 before making the tax payment
15. Click on the Proceed to Pay and Make the payment towards the liability and file CMP-08
A taxpayer can make payment using the cash balance left in the electronic cash ledger other than click on ‘Create Challan’ to choose either the Net Banking or NEFT in case there is insufficient cash in the cash ledger. Confirm the details submitted by checking the box against the declaration statement.
16. Submit the CMP-08 using electronic verification code (EVC) or digital signature (DSC). You will get a message confirming the filing of CMP-08 (payment of self-assessed tax).
17. On successfully filing of CMP-08 the system generates the ARN an SMS and an email are sent to the taxpayer on his registered mobile and email ID.