Extension of time for submission of life certificate for pensioners
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, B-Wing,
Janpath Bhawan, Janpath,
Sub: Extension of the time period of submission of life certificate for Central Government pensioners till 28th February 2022 in wake of current Covid-19 pandemic – reg.
1. The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 1.12.2021 on the subject mentioned above, wherein the timeline for submission of life certificate by Central Government pensioners was extended till 31.12.2021.
2. In view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in various states and keeping in view of the vulnerability of elderly population to Corona Virus, it has now been decided to extend the existing timeline of 31.12.2021 for submission of Life Certificate for all age group of pensioners. Now, all Central Government pensioners may submit Life Certificate till 28.02.2022. During this extended period, the pension will be continued to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) uninterrupted.
3. The above measures are expected to avoid rush at branches and maintain covid-19 appropriate behaviour, while obtaining Life Certificates. PDAs shall also ensure proper arrangements and social distancing measures at the branches and prevent overcrowding.
4. All Pension Disbursing Authorities are requested to take note of this Office Memorandum for compliance and give wide publicity to the same amongst the pensioners.
5. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India