ITAT, Mumbai to Resume physical hearing in a phased manner from 18th October, 2021
INCOME TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
3rd and 4th floors, Pratishtha Bhawan
101, Maharishi Karve Marg, Mumbai 400 020
October 14, 2021
Re: Resumption of physical hearings in a phased manner in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, Mumbai benches, with effect from 18th October, 2021
1. In connection with the above, in the light of the discussions with and feedback from all the stakeholders and as Hon’ble Bombay High Court has also started functioning in the physical mode, the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal Mumbai benches intend to resume physical hearing of cases in a phased manner with effect from 18th October, 2021.
2. During the week beginning 18th October, 2021, D and G benches will function in the physical mode, and these benches will function from Court No. 1 on 3rd floor in our premises. In case Counsels intend to wait in a separate room, the Bar Library Room and/or the Committee Room on 4th floor be used for waiting till their turn comes up for hearing.
3. For parties seeking adjournments, they can opt to do so by sending such requests on the email firstname.lastname@example.org at least a day in advance but, under no circumstances, after 10 am on the respective day of hearing. The dates to which the matters are adjourned will be communicated by placing the relevant information on the official Notice board as also by uploading the said information on our official website i.e. www.itat.gov.in.
4. In view of the COVID restrictions, for the present, no adverse orders will be passed in the absence of the concerned assesses or their duly authorized representatives, as far as possible.
5. It will be mandatory for everyone inside the court room, as indeed in the entire ITAT complex, to wear face masks, except when, if necessary, at the time of addressing the court and adhering to COVID-appropriate behavior at all times.
6. This SOP is subject to changes as may be found necessary from time to time.
7. Considering the importance of the COVID-appropriate behavior for the health and safety of the stakeholders, all concerned are requested to cooperate.
This is issued with the approval of Hon’ble President.