Representation for 18 issues assessee is facing in new Income Tax Portal
DIRECT TAXES PROFESSIONALS’ ASSOCIATION
Income Tax Building, 3, Govt. Place West, Ground Floor, Kolkata 700001 Ph 033-22420638
Ref. No. – DTPA/Rep/21-22/01
Date: 15th September, 2021
Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman,
Hon’ble Finance Minister,
Government of India,
North Block, New Delhi 110 001
Subject- Representation for issues assessee is facing in new ITD Portal
We wish to appraise your good self about the problems and issues faced by the assessee and professionals in new ITD Portal after three months since its launch. Listed below are some of the issues: –
1. Unable to file I-T returns for Assessment Year 2021-22. Though facility for furnishing ITR -1, 2,3 and 4 has been provided but these are not being filed properly.
2. If there is capital gain it is showing Error while uploading ITR 2 and 3.
3. The portal is also showing error in respect of bank accounts.
4. It is also showing Late Fee and the due date is being shown as 31st July though the due date has already been extended to 31st Dec 2021 (Earlier 30th September, 2021).
5. The DSC is now required to be registered on the personal e-filing account of the authorized signatory. However, in many cases it is not being registered. In case of AOPs/ private Trusts, the Executor has got the DSC but the option is not showing to register the DSC of the Executor as was available in earlier portal.
6. In many cases facility is missing for downloading Intimation u/s 143(1) for AY 2019-20 and earlier years and also earlier ITR return forms in many cases.
7. The e-proceedings tab is functional but not FULLY.
8. Online rectification option is not available.
9. JSON utility for filing tax returns in ITR 5, 6 and 7 is still not available
10. Form 15CA/15CB utility (relating to remittances) is still awaited.
11. The taxpayer is not able to file ITR in response to Notice u/s 148/ 153A/ 153C of the Income Tax Act for earlier years as download of utility is happening erratically and attachment of digital signature is not taking place consistently even though the return is required to be filed within 30th September 2021 or within 30 days in case of Return under sec. 148. 11. Sometimes the assessee is able to file above returns after trying hard several times and sometimes is unable to file above return at all.
12. In some cases, OTP is not reaching the taxpayer for e-verification of ITR.
13. The taxpayer is not able to file applications u/s 154 for rectification of mistakes as tab is not available.
14. Though the time for application for re-registration by NGOs in the form 10A has been extended till 31st March 2022. However in some cases the Form 10A filed needs to be revised. The portal is not allowing the same.
15. There is a problem in registering the DSC of director in the case of company assessee as in the director profile the portal is not allowing to register DSC as data is pulled from MCA portal and in company cases, they are not allowing proceeding as director DSC not registered.
16. In some cases, even though response has been filed on the earlier e-Portal and it is showing in the new Portal, notices are being issued once again on similar issues for compliance, even where the compliance has already been made. This reflects non consideration of records as well as non-application of mind.
17. It is nearly impossible to update one’s profile to 100 per cent. The Portal shows at best 75 per cent completion of profile without pointing out as to what information is missing. There is no clarification regarding the same.
18. At the time of filing of Form 35, error is being shown as ‘’something went wrong’’ in some cases.
Your goodself will further appreciate that these are some of the issues being faced by the assessee and professionals. We would appreciate if your goodself would kindly consider the issues faced and get the same sorted out in the mew portal as soon as possible.
We request your honour to kindly consider the above representation favorably and we shall be obliged for such consideration.
Adv Kamal Jain
Advocate Narayan Jain,
Chairman, DTPA Representation Committee