You can now prevent the misuse of PAN for obtaining GST registration
Now taxpayer can prevent misuse of PAN for obtaining GST registration. This functionality enables the person to check misutilization, control frauds and help officers in enquiry and cancellation of such registrations. Here are some details you must know
- You can now check on GST portal if your PAN is misused
- Register a compliant on the GST portal
- Tax officers can take necessary action on the basis of your compliant
- Functionality is available in both pre login and post login mode
Steps to check whether PAN has been misused or not
Perform the following steps to check whether PAN has been misused or not:
Step 1: Go to www.gst.gov.in
Click on “Search Taxpayer” tab and select “Search by PAN” option
Now, enter PAN of the person whose details are being searched for. Results will be displayed, now click on the GSTIN hyperlink
Step 2: Now, select the GSTIN you want to report on the GST portal (You can select multiple GSTINs)
Now, enter the Date of birth, address, email address and mobile number and click on “Proceed” button
You will receive OTP on both mobile and mail id.
Once the contact details are verified you need to authenticate your Aadhaar through Aadhaar OTP.
Once the authentication is done a success message is displayed when aadhaar is successfully verified for e-KYC authentication.
By doing above process complaint has been lodged against the GSTIN for misusing the PAN. You can track status of your application in “Track application Status” section of GST portal.
Important Points to be noted
- Multiple complaints can be registered for fake GSTINs registered with PAN at one go
- It is necessary to get aadhaar authenticated while registering complaint against a fake GSTIN registered with PAN
- Once the complaint is registered against GSTIN with PAN, it is assigned to GST officer for further examination process
- Once the complaint is registered you cannot submit another complaint against the same GSTIN again