What is NGO Darpan for Trust and its usage?
The NGO Darpan is a platform of interface between Voluntary Organization (VO) / Non Governmental Organization (NGO) and key Ministries / Departments / Government Bodies. Later it is proposed to cover all Central Ministries / Departments / Government Bodies. The key Ministries/Departments/ Government Bodies in the first phase are Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Women & Child Development, Directorate of Higher Education, Directorate of School Education & Literacy, Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART), National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) and Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB).
This is a free facility offered by the NITI Aayog in association with National Informatics Centre to bring about greater partnership between government & voluntary sector and foster better transparency, efficiency and accountability. Any Voluntary Organization / Non Governmental Organization which is registered as a trust/ society/ a private limited non profit company, under section-25 Company of the Indian Companies Act, 1956 can Sign Up on the NGO Darpan . As of now no Individual (person) Registration is allowed.
What are the facilities provided by NGO Darpan?
The NGO-PS helps VOs/NGOs to:
- Get details of existing VOs / NGOs across India
- Get details of the schemes of the participating Ministries/Departments/Government Bodies (mentioned at home page) offering grants to Voluntary Organization / Non Governmental Organization
- Apply online for NGO grants
- Track status of your applications for grants
What is Unique ID on NGO Darpan portal?
The Unique Id is the Id, which will be shown to you just after Signing Up. It will be something like AB/2010/0001234. Unique Id is just to recognize your Non Governmental Organization / Voluntary Organization and you may be asked to fill it in at the time of applying for grants. It will be used for the Non Governmental Organization / Voluntary Organization identification.
How can one apply for NGO grants?
- In order to apply for grants the first step is to create account/sign-up and create your own User ID and Password.
- Once you login into your account, there are various links available, for viewing the department-wise schemes, providing NGO grants. Select the scheme under which you want to apply for a grant. The link to your selected scheme will provide you with all the details of the scheme – format in which you have to apply, documents you need to attach etc.
- You can get the details of the Nodal Officers for the concerned scheme, from the website. Any queries regarding schemes or about how to proceed for schemes and grants will be clarified by the respective Nodal Officers (List and Contact Details are available on the website).