Know Fresh restrictions in Maharashtra from 22 April 2021
Whereas the State Government is satisfied that the State of Maharashtra is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 virus, and therefore it is imperative to take certain emergency measures to prevent and contain the spread of virus, the Government in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 2 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, read with all other enabling provisions of The Disaster Management Act, 2005, finds it is expedient to enforce the following measures throughout the State from 8 PM on 22. April, 2021 till 7 AM May, 2021 to break the chain of transmission.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 2 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and the powers, conferred under The Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, hereby issues the following directions, that will remain in force throughout the state of Maharashtra from 8 PM on 22.April, 2021 till 7 AM on 1st, May, 2021 —
A. Office Attendance
a. All Government Offices (State, Central, under local authority) to operate only with 15 % attendance except for emergency services directly connected to management of COVID 19 pandemic.
- In the case of Mantralaya and Central Government offices in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, the Head of the Department can decide for higher attendance after seeking permission for the same from the CEO of the Maharashtra State Disaster Management Authority.
- In case of other government offices, the Head of the Office can decide for higher attendance after seeking permission for the same from local Disaster Management Authority.
b. For all other offices mentioned under Section 5 of Break the Chain Order dated 13. April, 2021, they should function only with 15% of their total attendance or 5 people whichever is more.
c. For all the office works required for essential services mentioned in Section 2 of Break the Chain Order dated 13. April, 2021, should work at lowest required capacity for the same and in no case exceed 50%. Attendance of personnel actually delivering the essential services on the ground should also be minimized but can be extended up to 100% as per the requirements.
B. Marriage Ceremony
The marriage ceremony may be conducted only as a single event in a single hall not extending beyond 2 hours with maximum of total 25 persons attending the same. Any family seen to be flaunting the restraints or not following these in letter and spirit may be fined Rs. 50000/, and any location that is misused or is defaulting in spirit of the restrictions shall be closed till promulgation of Covid 19 as a disaster remains in force.
C. Private Passenger Transport
- Private Passenger transport excluding buses can ply only for emergency or essential services or valid reasons with driver plus 50% of the seating capacity. These are not expected to be inter-district or inter-city and should be confined to the city of residence of the travelers. Inter-district or inter-city travel is allowed only if required for performing an essential service or in case of medical emergencies or attending unavoidable events like funerals or severe sickness of family. Anyone flouting the order in letter or spirit shall be punishable by fine of Rs. 10000/-.
- Private buses can ply with 50% of seating capacity with no standing travelers.
- biter-city or inter-district travel by private buses shall be subject to following controls
- Bus service operator must restrict the stoppages to maximum two in a city and shall inform local DMA about the same and the schedule. Local DMA may ask to change these if so desired.
- At the stoppages where passengers are alighting all passengers shall be stamped on the hand for 14 days home quarantine. This stamping must be done by operator.