Delhi Curfew Order from 19 April Night
GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI DELHI
DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
1. Whereas, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic, which has already been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization, and has considered it necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread in NCT of Delhi;
2. And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has imposed night curfew till 30.04.2021 vide order No. 364 dated 06.04.2021 as well as weekend curfew from 16.04.2021 (10:00 pm) to 19.04.2021 (5:00 am) vide order No. 373 dated 15.04.2021 as an emergency measure considering the rapid increase in COVID-19 positive cases in NCT of Delhi;
3. And whereas, the situation of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi has again been reviewed and it has been observed that there has been a very sharp increase in COVID-19 cases along with very high positivity rate over the last few days and therefore, it is felt that in order to contain the fast spread of virus, curfew needs to be imposed in the territory of NCT of Delhi, except for essential activities services, as an emergency measure, in order to break the transmission chain of COVID-19 virus and for overall well being and safety of people of NCT of Delhi.
4. Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs that there shall be curfew on movement of individuals (except for exemptions given below in this order) in the territory of NCT of Delhi with effect from 10:00 pm on 19.04.2021 (Monday) to 5:00 am on 26.04.2021 (Monday). Following categories of individuals are however exempted from the above restriction of movement during curfew:
a) Officers / officials of Government of India, its autonomous / subordinate offices and PSUs, on production of valid I card and as per the restrictions imposed by Government of India.
b) Offices of GNCT of Delhi/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations shall remain closed except those involved in essential and emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency Services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Services, GAD, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air / Railways / Delhi Metro / Buses) including all incidental services / activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services. All Heads of Department of GNCTD shall attend their offices and may also call their relevant officers/officials in office as per requirement with regard to delivery of essential services I activities as well as COVID-19 related works. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments / agencies. These ofﬁcers / officials shall be allowed, on production of valid I card.
c) All Judicial officers / officials /staff members of all courts of Delhi (Hon’ble Supreme Court of lndia / Hon’ble High Court of Delhi / District Courts /Tribunals) on production of valid I card / Service ID Card I Photo Entry Passes I Permission Letters issued by the court administration.
d) All private medical personnel such as Doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centers, testing laboratories, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, medical oxygen suppliers and other medical & health services including incidental services/activities such as supply of medical instruments & consumables, sanitation, security, etc), on production of valid I card.
e) Pregnant women and patients for getting medical / health services along with attendant, on production of valid I card I Doctor‘s prescription I medical papers.
f) Persons who are going for COVID-19 Testing or Vaccination, on production of valid I card.
g) Persons coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
h) Officers/officials functioning in the offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid I card.
i) Electronic and print Media on production of valid I card.
j) Personsl students shall be allowed to appear in examination on production of valid Admit card. The examination staff deployed for exam duties shall be allowed to travel on production of valid I card.
k) There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement I transportation of essential goods. No separate permission /e-pass will be required for such movements.
I) Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments I offices providing following sen/ices/commodities shall only be allowed:
- Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, opticians, medicines and medical equipments, news papers distribution.
- Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs, SEBII Stock related offices.
- Telecommunications, Internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT enabled services.
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce.
- Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- water supply, Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
- Cold storage and warehousing services.
- Private security services.
- Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
- Manufacturing units of non-essential commodities having onsite workers.
- Production units or services, which require continuous process.
- Delivery of food by way of home delivery / take away by restaurants/eateries.
m) Religious places shall be permitted to open, but no visitors shall be allowed.
5. The movement of the individuals specified above in para- 4(I) & 4(m) shall be allowed only with the possession of e-pass (in soft or hard copy), which can be obtained by applying on the website http://www.deIhi.g0v.in. However, movement on foot would be allowed to avail these essential services without e-pass. The concerned District Magistrates shall be responsible for issuance of e- passes for above activities and for overall implementation of these measures in their respective jurisdiction. All other line department officials in the specified area will work under the directions of DMISDM concerned. Further, e-pass obtained & possessed by a person for movement connected to essential goods and services during night curfew/weekend curfew shall also be valid for aforesaid curfew period.
6. Public transport such as Delhi Metro (upto 50% seating capacity) I Public Buses (upto 50% seating capacity) /Autos & e-rickshaws, (upto 2 passengers) I Taxis, Cabs, Gramin Sewa & Phat phat Sewa (upto 2 passengers) I Maxi cab (upto 5 passengers) I RT\I (upto 11 passengers) shall be allowed to function within its stipulated time for the transportation of only above mentioned categories of people during curfew, as per prescribed Protocols/SOPs issued by Government in this regard. No standing passenger shall be allowed.
7. Further, during curfew, movement of persons for marriage related gatherings upto 50 persons (on production of soft or hard copy of marriage card) and funeral/ last rites related gatherings upto 20 persons is continued to be allowed.
8. Except aforementioned exempted I allowed movements and activities, all other private offices / establishments, shops, shopping centers, malls, weekly markets, manufacturing units, educational & coaching institutes, cinema & theatres, restaurant & bars , auditoriumsl assembly halls, entertainment/ amusement / water parks, public parks & gardens, sports complexes, gyms, spas, barber shops, saloons, beauty parlors, swimming pools (except being used for training of sports persons for participation in national and international events), construction activities (except where labourer are residing onsite) etc. shall remain closed during curfew.
9. All sociall political I sports I entertainment I academic I cultural I religious I festival related and other gathering and congregations shall be prohibited.
10. Stadia shall be permitted to open for organizing National I international sports event without spectators.
11. All District Magistrates of Delhi & their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police and all authorities concerned shall ensure strict compliance of this order and shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit.
All enforcement authorities to note that these restrictions fundamentally relate to movement of people, but not to that of essential goods I services.
12. In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
- All Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs of Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Commissioner of Police, Delhi
- Chairman, New Delhi Municipal Council.
- Pr. Secretary (Transport), GNCTD
- Commissioner (South DMC/East DMC/North DMC).
- Secretary (l&P) for wide publicity in NCT of Delhi
- Secretary (lT) with the request to operationalize e-pass system on website http://www.delhi.gov.in.
- CEO, Delhi Cantonment Board.
- All District Magistrates of Delhi
- All District DCPs of Delhi
- DGHS, GNCTD kc» LEO
Copy for kind information to:-
- Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi
- Addl. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Health, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon‘ble Minister of Revenue, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Labour, GNCTD
- Secretary to Hon‘ble Minister of Social Welfare, GNCTD
- Secretary to H0n’ble Minister of Food & Supply, GNCTD
- Staff Officer to Cabinet Secretary, Gol
- Spl. Secretary (UT), MHA, Gol .
- Chairperson, Airport Authority of India, Gol
- Addl. Chief Secretary (Power)/ State Nodal Officer, GNCTD
- Addl. Chief Secretary (UD), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Home),GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Health), GNCTD
- Pr. Secretary (Revenue)-cum-Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD
- General Manager, Northern Railways, Gol
- Managing Director, DMRC
- All members of State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD
- System Analyst, O/0 Divisional Commissioner, Delhi for uploading of the order on website – ddma.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Guard file.