Form CSR- Instructions for Filling of e-form CSR
Form CSR-Instructions for Filling of e-form CSR(Form for voluntary reporting of Corporate Social Responsibility)
1. Instructions are not provided for the fields which are self explanatory
2. If the space within any of the fields is not sufficient to provide all the information, then additional details can be provided as an optional attachment to the e-Form.
Please note the following:
- Refer ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Voluntary Guidelines, 2009’ available on the MCA portal under the ‘MCA Guidelines 2009’
Refer the relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and rules made there under with respect to the matter dealt in the e-Form
Enter the Corporate Identity Number (CIN) of the company
- You may find CIN by entering existing registration number or name of the company in the ‘Find CIN/GLN’ service at the MCA21 portal
- Click the “Pre-fill” button.
- System will automatically display the name, registered office address and the email ID of the company. In case there is any change in the email ID, enter the new valid email ID.
I. CSR Policy
2. Enter the DIN of the director responsible for the corporate policy. DIN entered should be an approved DIN.
Click the “Pre-fill” button. System will automatically display the name of such director. Select the appropriate designation of the director
System shall validate that in case period for which CSR is being reported (‘From date’ in field number 2) is on or after 01 .07.2007, then DIN entered should be associated with the company as on date of filing the eForm or at anytime during the period for which CSR is being reported.
In case the details do not exist in the system, DIN of that person shall not be allowed to be entered. For such cases, Company would need to ensure that Form DIN-3 or Form 32, as the case may be, has been filed in respect of that person.
II. Governance relating to CSR
2(c) In case there is a stakeholder relationship committee or similar committee of the Board of Directors, enter the name of such committee and the number of directors who are member of the committee.
(d) Based on the number entered, blocks for entering details of directors shall be displayed. Details of maximum of four (4) directors can be filed through this eForm. If the total number is more than four, then details of remaining director(s) can be provided as an optional attachment.
- Enter the DIN of the director. DIN entered should be an approved DIN.
- Click the “Pre-fill” button. System will automatically display the name of such director. Select the appropriate designation of the director.
- System shall validate that in case period for which CSR is being reported (‘From date’ in field number 2) is on or after 01 .07.2007, then DIN entered should be associated with the company as on date of filing the eForm or at anytime during the period for which CSR is being reported. In case the details do not exist in the system, DIN of that person shall not be allowed to be entered. For such cases, Company would need to ensure that Form DIN-3 or Form 32, as the case may be, has been filed in respect of that person.
- Company CSR Policy
- Company CSR Report
- Company sustainability report
- Details of subsidiary(s) included in Part B
- Details of other entity(s) included in Part B
- Any other information can be provided as an optional attachment
Enter the serial number and date of board resolution authorising the signatory to sign and submit the eForm.
The eForm should be digitally signed by managing director or director or manager or secretary of the company authorised by the board of directors.
Select the designation of the person digitally signing the eForm.
Enter the DIN in case the person digitally signing the eForm is a director or managing director Enter income-tax PAN in case the person signing the eForm is a manager
Enter membership number or income-tax PAN in case the person digitally signing the eForm is a secretary.
Common Instruction Kit
When you click the pre fill button after entering the Corporate Identity Number in the eForm, the name is displayed by the system. This button may appear more than once in an eForm, and shall be required to be clicked for displaying the data pertaining to that field. You are required to be connected to the Internet for pre-filling.
Click the Attach button corresponding to the document you wish to attach. In case you wish to attach any other document, click the Optional Attachment button (Through Optional attachment, you can attach maximum five attachments).
You can view the attachments added to eForm in the rectangle box provided next to the list of attachment. If the user wants to remove or delete any attachment, select the attachment to be removed and press the “Remove attachment” button.
Once the eForm is filled up, click the Check Form button for form level validation, for example, to check whether all the mandatory fields have been filled or not. If an error is displayed, rectify the error and click the “Check Form” button again. When the form level validation is complete, the message, “Form level pre scrutiny is successful”, is displayed. The form level validation (Check Form) is done without being connected to the Internet.
The “Modify” button gets enabled after the check form is done. By clicking this button, you can make changes in the filled eForm. The digital signatures, if already attached, shall be removed. Once you have changed the filled eForm, click the Check Form button again.
The “Prescrutiny” button gets enabled once check form is done. You are required to be connected to the Internet for pre scrutiny. On pre-scrutiny, the system level check is performed and if there are any errors, the same are displayed to the user. After correcting the pre scrutiny errors, attach the digital signature on the eForm in the signature field.
Once the eForm is pre scrutinised, filled and signed, it is ready for uploading on the MCA21 portal. Login to the MCA21 portal with your user ID and password for uploading the eForm.
Note: User is advised to refer to eForm specific instruction kit.